Thursday, October 26, 2006

Motivation (or a lack thereof)

Update: Hahaha, the day after I wrote this I woke up when math started. I have math AFTER I have bio. I need to fix my sleep schedule (I keep sleeping through my alarms.) Btw, read the post for this to make sense.

So recently I've been missing a few bio lectures. I think I've missed 4 in the past three weeks. The problem is that they're far too fucking early, ie 8 AM, and I'm all too willing to stay up until 3 AM reading websites (like www.waiterrant.net! It's stories from the manager of a restaurant. They are good.) Or some other useless activity. Since I have to get up at 7 but usually end up awake at 8:30, I'm in a bad situation.

So what to do? Before you slap me and yell "Get more sleep, fool!" allow me to point out that I'm well aware I need more sleep, I just don't care at the time. How do I start caring? Simple, I decide what I'm going to do with my life. In case you hadn't noticed, my passions (fiery as they are) are political and environmental. Namely because we're fucking ourselves over, but that's the topic of a post to come. Since I've chosen the wrong faculty if I wanted to solve political problems, I've decided I'm going to focus my studies on environmental sciences. So I'm contemplating majoring in Chemistry with a minor in Environmental Sciences (and probably comp sci.)

Essentially, I've decided there are a few things I'm going to change in my life. First of all, I'm going to take my studies seriously, even if it's fucking bio 111, (aka the stuff I did in high school, only in less depth!) Secondly, I'm going to become more active about the issues I think are important. Finally, I'm hopefully going to go into a profession where I can make a difference to the world.

Let's see what I think in four years.

(Oh, and I'm giving vegetarianism a shot, even if it means I eat salad only sometimes. Stupid cafeteria.)

No comments: