Saturday, February 10, 2007

Destruction as a Business

If I ever wanted to open my own business, this is probably what I'd do. I, like most other human beings, like destroying things. Preferably without causing any harm, in fact. But destruction often is harmful, so there's no real outlet for my wish to destroy things. That's why I think it would be awesome if someone were to build such an outlet, in the form of a giant warehouse, where you can go and annihilate things.

There are almost endless possibilities for things that you can break. Give people goggles, a sledgehammer, and a room full of porcelain and tell them to go nuts. Give them a (dull) sword and planks of balsa wood. Give them a button that sets off a flamethrower. Show me a person who doesn't want to blow shit up, and I'll show you someone who's repressed that aspect of their character. Well, okay, maybe there are some Buddhist monks that wouldn't tear paper in anger, but scientists claim that the majority of the population are not monks. Come on, this is the ultimate stress relief.

No, tearing shit up with a sledgehammer will not solve your problems. But for added business potential, offer counseling on the side. Psychiatrists to deal with stress, anger, or the occasional psycho, and they can solve the problems that violence won't. Violence is just a hell of a lot more fun.

2 comments:

Rootless mind said...

Are you stressed or something? The only thing that I do which I call violent is tearing up stupid post mails and leaflets in the mail box. It's a stress relief and I feel good afterwards.Lol. Although, if I'm extremely angry, annihilating a warehouse wouldn't be such a bad idea...

Anonymous said...

ANONYMOUS DESERVES MOAR!!!