Sunday, January 21, 2007

Why I write

Judging by the fact that I have written four posts and received zero comments in 2007, one might conclude that no one reads this blog. In actuality, I think I have had one reader that didn't comment. One might conclude that writing the blog is a silly endeavor if hardly anyone reads it. One is stupid. Fuck you, one.

If anything, I write this more for myself than for anyone else. Most of my friends find it too troublesome to read regularly; others will occasionally visit and read all the posts that I've written since they last visited. Importantly, it has occurred to me that if you want to know who I really am- what I believe, what I think about, what I feel strongly about- you have to either read this blog or have extended conversations with me. My parents, for instance, don't know much about what I write about. I don't hide my convictions, it's just not something that comes up often when I'm living with them.

Writing in this blog has several advantages, I find. For one thing, it documents my thoughts over time- like a journal, only I never kept a journal and find a blog better. For another, writing so that others will read means I have to organize my thoughts more clearly. Finally, it means you can read it. Yes, you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There- I posted. That should boost your confidence. Happy? Good.

Odm said...

It shows that you read at least this post, so yes.

Rootless mind said...

I read your blog occasionally. Don't be sad, you think *anybody reads my blog? Lol. Don't even ask!I guess I just need somewhere to spill out my thoughts. Not in my personal diary but in a public realm, and yes, blogging helps you organize your thoughts...but I guess it's not happening to me. Also, my posts are mostly complaints and nonsense and blabla so it's nothing meaningful like yours :p

P.S. I can't open your new site.